The Tarragona coastline Tarragona is known as the Costa Dorada on account of its soft, fine golden sand on its wonderful beaches. This province's mild climate mean you can go for a walk along its beaches practically all year round as well as taking a dip in the summer months. Tarragona's beaches are known for boasting a wide range of services and being spotlessly clean. Want to know more? Discover the best beaches in Tarragona!
Tarragona and the Costa Dorada: the Catalan Caribbean
- Cala Fonda or Waikiki: this beached was baptised with this peculiar name as it rivals the paradisiacal Hawaiian beaches we imagine in our mind. This beach is surrounded by the lush Bosque de la Marquesa forest, a special and solitary place in which to fully enjoy nature. This virgin beach spans 200 metres with calm and crystal clear waters and fine golden sand. Half of the beach is nudist, catering to the preferences of all bathers.
- Cala Jovera. This small cove is located at the foothills of Castillo de Tamarit. Measuring 90 metres in length, the cove is surrounded by trees and cliffs. Perfect for enjoying nature!
- Cala Buena.. Measuring 38 metres in length, this cove is located in the municipality of El Perelló. A beach of fine golden sand that is the perfect backdrop for its calm, blue waters. Perfect for taking a dip! What's more, it has access for people with limited mobility, making it the perfect option for everybody wanting to visit.
- Cala Calafató. Located in L’Ametlla de Mar, this small beach is just 15 metres wide and 20 metres long. Its waters are usually calm and are perfect for taking a dip while enjoying the surrounding nature. The cove is impressive on account of its fine sand and crystal clear waters to rival the coves of the Balearic Islands. Make sure not to miss out on it!
- Playa de Pineda. Located in the city of Tarragona itself, considered a very popular beach for family tourism. Its warm and crystal-clear Mediterranean waters are perfect for swimming and enjoying time in the sea. On top of that, it is particularly shallow and its waters are very clean, making it perfect for families.
- Cala Romana. Located in the town of Salou, this beach is a veritable hidden treasure. Its crystal clear waters and fine sand make it the perfect place for relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet. Furthermore, it boasts services such as beach bars and sun lounger rental, meaning you do not miss anything on your day at the beach.
- Playa de la Mora. If you are looking for a natural paradise, this is the beach for you. Nestled in woodland and overlooked by clifftops, Playa de la Mora will take your breath away. Its crystal clear waters and golden sand are the perfect place for getting away from it all and enjoying the beauty of the landscape. Make sure to take your camera with you to capture unforgettable moments!
- Playa de Altafulla. Can you imagine sitting on a beach with a mediaeval castle in the background? Well, at Playa de Altafulla, this is possible. This stunning beach is home to a sixth-century defence tower that adds a special touch of beauty. Its calm waters and fine sand make it the perfect place to enjoy a day in the sun by the sea.
How to get to Tarragona with Renfe
Looking forward to summer? Don't miss a single day of your holidays and book your Renfe ticket now! Enjoy trips on our AVE (high-speed), Avlo and Larga Distancia (Long Distance) trains, that make everything faster and much more comfortable and sustainable.
Discover Tarragona from back to front! We've prepared our routes to Tarragona with you in mind: