Obtain your Refund Code or Renfe Points
We want to make things easier for you. That's why we have created an automatic change procedure for Promo fare tickets purchased or when paying in cash (regardless of the fare) that you have been unable to use on account of the coronavirus crisis.
This process speeds up the change of your ticket, as it allows you to automatically obtain a promotional code in its place (Refund Code) for the same amount, which you can use to purchase another ticket until 31 December, or to obtain Renfe Points on your loyalty card.
Follow these steps obtain get your Refund Code or Renfe Points:
- Access the change form.
- Enter the necessary data: your ticket number and journey (both origin and destination). Click search.
- If everything is correct, the details associated with your ticket will appear and you will be offered the option of redeeming the amount in the form of a Refund Code or depositing Renfe Points on your loyalty card.
- In both cases, your ticket will be automatically cancelled and you will immediately obtain your code or the points will be deposited on your loyalty card, without delay and without further ado.
- You can request a receipt of the operation if you wish.
How do I redeem my return code?
To redeem your return code:
- Start the purchase as usual from the train search engine.
- Choose the train you want to travel on.
- On the next page, Passenger information, look for the Other options, discounts and fares section and enter the return code in the Do you have a discount voucher? box.