Bicycles and kick scooters (non-electric)
Travel with your bicycle or kick scooters (non-electric) on all of our trains. Only specific types of trains allow you to travel with a bicycle or scooter, so read on!
- If you travel on AVE (high-speed), AVE International between Spain and France and Larga Distancia (Long Distance: Alvia, Intercity and Euromed) or Avant (mid-distance high-speed) trains:
- Your bicycle or scooter must be folded or disassembled and carried inside a bag. One bicycle or scooter per person.
- If the sum of the dimensions of the case is less than 180 cm, they are considered as hand luggage. If they exceed 180 cm, they will be considered as special luggage (maximum dimensions allowed 120x90x40 cm.)
- Pedals must be removed and the handlebars turned 90º.
- Keep in mind that you must add the Bicycle Add-on when you buy your AVE and Larga Distancia (long distance high-speed) tickets if the bicycle exceeds the maximum hand luggage dimensions, it is free!
- If travelling with your bicycle and scooter on the AVE International high-speed train between Spain and France, the same terms and conditions apply, except that luggage tagging is mandatory.