Bicycles and scooters
Travel with your bicycle or scooter on all our trains. Only specific types of trains allow you to travel with a bicycle or scooter, so read on!
- If you are travelling on AVE, Larga Distancia (Long Distance), Avant (mid-distance high-speed) or Trenhotel trains:
- Your bicycle or scooter must be folded or disassembled and carried inside a bag. One bicycle or scooter per person.
- If the sum of the dimensions of the case is less than 180 cm, they are considered as hand luggage. If they exceed 180 cm, they will be considered as special luggage (maximum dimensions allowed 120x90x40 cm.)
- Pedals must be removed and the handlebars turned 90º.
- When travelling in Trenhotel, please note that berths for families with a maximum of two scooters or bicycles per berth are only allowed. Your bicycle or scooter travels for free, but you must always buy a free bicycle ticket.
- If you are travelling on Alvia or Intercity trains to or from Galicia and carry a bicycle that is special luggage because of its dimensions, it is also necessary to purchase a free bicycle ticket.