Bicycles and scooters
Travel with your bicycle or scooter on all our trains. Only specific types of trains allow you to travel with a bicycle or scooter, so read on!
- If you are travelling on AVE (high-speed), Larga Distancia (Long Distance) (Alvia, Intercity and Euromed) or Avant (mid-distance high-speed) trains:
- Your bicycle or scooter must be folded or disassembled and carried inside a bag. One bicycle or scooter per person.
- If the sum of the dimensions of the case is less than 180 cm, they are considered as hand luggage. If they exceed 180 cm, they will be considered as special luggage (maximum dimensions allowed 120x90x40 cm.)
- Pedals must be removed and the handlebars turned 90º.
- Keep in mind that you must add the Bicycle Add-on when you buy your AVE and Larga Distancia (long distance high-speed) tickets if the bicycle exceeds the maximum hand luggage dimensions, it is free!