This is the type of luggage with special dimensions or other limitations that cannot be considered hand luggage and, therefore, has particular travel conditions.
Please note that you can only carry one special piece of luggage per person on board, accompanied by another piece of hand luggage, with maximum dimensions 55x35x25.
What is special luggage?
- Golf clubs
- Ski equipment
- Sports fishing equipment
- All folded or disassembled scooters and bicycles, inside a case, with dimensions that add up to more than 180 cm and up to a maximum of 120x90x40 cm. (length-height-width).
Unfolded bicycles and scooters can be carried on specific trains. Read all information about this.
Golf clubs, ski and sports fishing equipment must be carried in their corresponding bags and perfectly closed.
In addition, if you have to travel with firearms or other dangerous items, please note that they are subject to special conditions:
- Firearms carried by private passengers: only allowed if you carry their permits and ownership documents
- Legal weapons carried by authorised or law enforcement professionals: these can only be carried if the person also carries their badge or professional membership card
- Bladed weapons, historic and other weapons: only sabres, machetes, historic arms or other weapons forming part of the regulatory equipment of the Military or Law Enforcement will be admitted.
- Sporting weapons: only those that are properly packed will allowed and provided that the owner carries the card of membership of a sports association
- Sharp, pointed or blunt work instruments: these can only be carried if they are properly packaged and the person provides documents to certify their professional activity
- Ammunition: ammunition may not be carried (RD 230/1998 Art. 239-3), except for:
- Side arms, ammunition in the loader, personnel holding a B licence
- Firearms, ammunition in loaders, authorised and accredited personnel.